Wednesday 20 December 2017

Globe and Mail Cryptic 20171220

December 20, 2017

Difficulty: medium


I don't have much time today, so I'm doing just the highlights:

Across

1. A measure for hayseeds?
Took me a while to figure out measure stood for dance.

18. Naturally they have a shaky reputation as writers
The crosses eventually gave me "pens" for writers. But I was thinking of animals, not trees. Finally "as" jumped out at me.

21. A number put a match to the fuel
Did not know what lignite was, but I guessed the "L" out of the numeric options to put before "ignite". It is a brownish low-quality coal.

23. One is careful making them
Economies. I don't get it, and I'm out of time to figure it out.


Down

3. Dope put in the soup
I guess you can call a dope a "noodle". Slightly obscure for me.

That's all for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment